Monday, January 26, 2009

Sit With You Awhile

When I cannot feel
When my wounds won't heal
Lord I humbly kneel
Hidden in You

Lord You are my life
So I don't mind to die
Just as long as I'm 
Hidden in You

If I could just sit with You awhile
If You could just hold me
Nothing can touch me
Though I'm wounded, though I die
If I could just sit with You awhile
I need You to hold me
Moment by moment 'til forever passes by


I love this song. It's exactly where I am right now. I've reached the end of my rope. Sometimes I can't feel anything, and sometimes I feel too much. And I definitely have some wounds that won't heal. All I can do is sit here and let my Father hold me. I wish I had gotten here sooner. I wish I could learn to just let it all go sooner. But despite all the pain, I'm glad I'm here. It's the best place I could possibly be...safe in my Father's arms. 

3 comments:

  1. I love that song also. I hate to hear that you've been hurting, Sarah. You know you can always talk to me. You have an amazing heart and contagious personality. You deal with hurt very well but if you ever need an ear, I'm here. Ha, that rhymes!

    Love you Sarah! Thanks for thinking I'm a cute pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...
    do you think God's arms are big enough for two...?

    ReplyDelete